Sunday, April 22, 2007

Why We Have Mobile Phones...

Why We Have Mobile Phones...

I held off on having a mobile phone for a long time. Didn't like the people who used them constantly, didn't care for the idea of being tethered at all times by a constant line of communication.

Still, I was driving a truck that more likely than not would leave me stranded somewhere, and as little as I like communication, I like walking in all the way from Bumfuck even less. So, I ended up with a phone.

That truck is no longer my primary vehicle, but still I have the phone. It's handy, I'll grant you. I don't have a land-line to my house, even. Just the pocket phone, which leaves me available for emergencies.

What kind of emergencies you ask?

What if my Mom's car were to break down?

Or my Dad had a medical emergency?

Steven needed bail money?

Luckily, last night, I had my phone on as this little piece of trauma came screaming headlong into my life. My sister calls....

April: Tommy?

Me: Yeah.

April: Didn't Jake Gyllenhaal play the little boy in Jurassic Park?

Me: No.

April: I think he did.

Me: No. I don't know who the kid is, but I know it wasn't Jake Gyllenhaal.

April: So, you're not 100% sure?

Me: I'm 100% sure it wasn't Jake Gyllenhaal.

April: Dammit. I lost ten dollars.


Good thing I had my phone. Otherwise somebody would have wrongly given my sister 10 dollars. She needs to work for her money, and not depend on wagering to feed the family.

(Gods bless the interweb, too, for the Internet Movie Database says that Tim was played by Joseph Mazzello.)

Sounds like I should get 10 dollars for my trouble.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home