Thursday, May 01, 2008

You got your chocolate in my peanut butter....

You got your chocolate in my peanut butter....

In nature, coloration plays an important role. It can be used to entice, to warn...sometimes at the same time.

Today, I saw a very pretty girl come into the store. And she was wearing a cap with the Batman logo. "That's cool," I said to nobody in particular. I like Batman. I like baseball caps. I have thought more than once that the sole thing separating me from eternaml happiness? Batman baseball cap.

I was ruminating on that very thought, when the girl came back into view. I got a closer look. And I saw that she also had a Batman shirt on.

Batman Shirt. Begorrah. I would also like a Batman shirt.

And then I saw the Batman belt. Actually, a belt buckle. Big yellow old fashioned Batman logo.

And batman kneepads.

As if the belt weren't enough. I shit you not. Kneepads. Kinda like what skaters wear. Kneepads. With the Batman logo on it.

Kneepads.

Did I mention that the girl was attractive?

Maybe not enough to set the world on fire, but she was cute. Enough so that the part of me that notices such things would notice.

But the Batman thing threw me.

Enough that I'm writing a post next to midnight about it.

I wish I was kidding.

See, I like pretty girls.

And I like Batman.

But mixing the two was a horribly disconcerting, dizzying experience.

The first metaphor I came up with was: I like cheeseburgers, and I like peanut butter...but I don't mix the two.

Kind of like mixing a fine Scotch with Strawberry Nesquik. Both enjoyable in their own way. But together, it tends to really screw up the senses.

I dunno. It seemed like an odd fashion statement to make, to me.

But then, the last fashion statement I made was "Does this smell clean enough to wear?" So I don't have a lot of room to talk.

Anyway. This was an extended blog post, the gist of which was: "Dear Online Nerd Diary, Today I saw a hot chick bedecked with Batman clothes. It confuzled me. Amen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home