Monday, September 01, 2008

Pop Tarts in a Hurricane

Pop Tarts in a Hurricane

Saw this little piece this morning, where some stores are reporting an upswing in sales of Pop Tarts when people begin stocking up for a hurricane.

Interesting, but it makes sense. It's a comfort food, and it can be eaten without preparation.

The only thing in my professional life I can compare it to is a snow scare, I guess. I would imagine a hurricane scare is quite a bit worse. A snow scare is enough though. Milk, bread, beer. All get a run.

But so do Little Debbie snack cakes. My old vendor rep told me his sales go up by half when there's a snow scare, and even more if snow actually lays on the ground.

I guess that I should comment that in this neck of the woods, a snow scare constitutes one of the weather men whispering it might get cold enough to snow. After that, all hell breaks loose, but only once in the past eight years can I remember more than a couple of inches laying on the ground. We average 2 snow scares a winter, or so.

They'd be worth it if we actually got the snow.

At least you know for sure a hurricane is out there....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home