Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Favorite Actresses....

Favorite Actresses...

Got this one at Sheila's.

Took a little more thought than I'd have originally believed....my first list came out 33 long, and had a couple more names pop to mind. Pared down...here's my top 20...

Photobucket
Gracie....best timing maybe in all of comedy ever...

Photobucket
Kathy Bates in Misery...scariest performance of all time? Definitely one of them. I've always thought she was scary in Misery because none of us is terribly far from Annie Wilkes' frame of mind...

Photobucket
The very underrated Paget Brewster. Just a personal favorite...check out The Specials....It is a crime that Andy Richter Controls the Universe isn't out on DVD yet...

Photobucket
The first thing I remember seeing her in was a filmed version of Twelfth Night. I dunno...spooky...I'd like to see her wander down the comedic path, because I think she'd be a riot.

Photobucket
Wow....Julie Christie's just done so much great stuff, you don't even know where to start.

Photobucket
I have no real reasoning to back this statement up, but I look at Geena Davis and say to myself "old school..."

Photobucket
Another one who doesn't get enough appreciation for her comic work. Citizen Ruth is something to be as proud of as anything she's done, and she's done a helluva lot of good work.

Photobucket
You gotta love a woman who throws herself into a chicken impression with all her being.

Photobucket
Wow.

Photobucket
She might be the best actress of her generation.

Photobucket
I don't believe there is anything Holly Hunter can't do. We once had a small debate about whether she or Jodie Foster was a better actress....my reasoning: Holly Hunter is tremendously funny. Jodie Foster? Maybe the one person besides DeNiro who shouldn't try anymore....

Photobucket
Speaking of funny....

Photobucket
Another very underrated actress....her comic timing is better than almost anybody working today. Flirting with Disaster is a beautiful piece....

Photobucket
Just great in just about everything she does...I feel like having Amy Madigan in your picture's probably a sign of a quality flick. I just watched Gone Baby Gone again...I really dig her in that. And you can't ever go wrong with Field of Dreams....

Photobucket
She's mesmerizing, to me. She's another that seems uncomfortable with comedy, although Maude Lebowski is probably my favorite character right after Walter, in Big Lebowski. She's scary good in Short Cuts...there's a fight she has, playing wife to Matthew Modine's hubby...it's like a car wreck...very raw...

Photobucket
Maybe the funniest woman working today? Maybe the best comedy instincts going....

Photobucket
When I pared down my list, I cut off a few SNL people, including Amy Poehler, Julia Louis Dreyfuss and Jane Curtin....there's a little more subtlety in the stuff Gilda Radner did. I have a feeling she could make you cry as easily as she could make you laugh....

Photobucket
Heh heh heh. I'm not smart enough with the words to be able to describe the way I feel here.

Photobucket
Speaking of Short Cuts...probably my second favorite fight of all time on a movie comes from Lily and Tom Waits as Earl Piggott....Another of the funniest ladies of all time.

Photobucket
Can't think of too much that she's done that I haven't dug....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home