Saturday, January 03, 2009

Demand?

Demand?

As I wander around the interweb this morning, still trying to fight off the last remnants of The Cold from Hell, I wander across ticketing for the final game of the World Baseball Classic.

Now, I'm not against the whole venture...I kinda dig the idea if not the entire practice, as much as it pains me to support anything Bud Selig does. And I thought the response to the first classic in 2006 was generally positive, if not overwhelmingly so.

But was it such that the cheap seats for the championship game go for $120?

Damn.

Like I said...I'm not against the idea. Seems like in this early stage, you'd want to guarantee a full crowd. I may be wrong...but when your tickets have been on sale for six weeks, and you can still get four together, six rows up from the right field foul line (closer to first, than to the wall)...maybe you're pricing yourself out of contention.

Just an idle thought.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home