Thursday, March 26, 2009

Disaster Movie?

Disaster Movie?

A Brief Review of Knowing (here there be's a spoiler):

Outside of the disaster footage, this was possibly the worst movie I've sat through in a movie theater since I took a date to Blues Brothers 2000. While this movie will likely not have the same impact on my social life as did that particular abortion, it is no less appalling. Nicholas Cage was once a great actor. I'm thinking Jerry Bruckheimer stole his talent. And ate it. And shat it out. After which, Alex Proyas picked it up and wiped it on film, and called it "Knowing." Rarely have I ever seen such a triumphant combination of bad science and dime store religion in the same flick. It pleases me to think that the whole shebang ends with every badly drawn, poorly realized adult character incinerated by a sun flare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home