Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Of Penicillin and Silly Putty.

This is how they discovered penicillin. And also Silly Putty.

Neither was the intended result of the efforts. Be it a specimin dish left untended for a night, or the chance combination of boric acid and a silicone oil. Both came into the world, unexpected.

It is much the same today.

Wandering into Target the other day, I picked up a bag of Key Lime Pie flavored trail mix. Pecans, graham cracker pieces and key-lime yogurt covered almonds, with pieces of white chocolate.

It's been bugger-all hot down here, lately. A brief respite of high 80's to low 90's for the weekend of the Fourth was sandwiched between runs of high 90's and triple digits. I'd eaten a handful of the trail mix mixture, and then left it in the hot truck when I went into watch a movie (The A-Team).

I returned to the truck after the movie (which I imagine is a portrayal of the world if everybody was a douchenozzle fratboy, though that's not a condemnation of the flick, which I liked once I got past that), I found my trail mix melted. When I got home, I took it inside to the relative cool of my counter, where I promptly forgot it.

This morning, I found an errant Target bag on the counter, looked in, and found my trail mix, now solidified into one mass.

The result?

Best snack ever.

Not the way I'd intended to enjoy it, but definitely among the best of outcomes, nonetheless.

Gracias, you big asshole star that's looking to damage my skin and brains with your ultra-violet radiation and your intense heat, for the best snack I've run across in ages.

1 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Kinda like baking a roast on the front dashboard of the car... but better because there is chocolate. LOL.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home