Sunday, June 26, 2016

Max

Maximus had to be put to sleep Friday.  He was 14.  His health had fallen off badly in the past couple of weeks--Mom thinks it was possible he had a stroke.  He was a good dog.  There have been a lot more tears the past couple of days than I'd have thought.  Given my work schedule, and the fact I live in an apartment, I don't have a dog.  Max was my folks' dog.  But, I thought of him as mine, too.

He grew up in a time of camera phone.  I have hundreds of pictures of him.  He was a photogenic cuss.

He was a good dog.

I've looked at the last one in line here, or some version of it, a couple dozen times in the past couple of days, and it makes me wan to cry every time.

Max was my buddy.  I'm gonna miss him.





2 Comments:

Blogger The Old Man said...

The Stew-man is a black pug of 14. He is slowing down badly. But he is still Mr Mann.

See a photo with his runnin' buddy; a 7 pound micro-Doxie at my blog:
www.dont-sir-me.blogspot.com.

I have hadpups precede me to the afterlife.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Gladorn said...

Sorry to hear of you and your parent's loss.

We had to put our "old man" down two months ago. Our oldest still talks about him and asks about him.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home