Sunday, July 15, 2018

Yeah, I'm ranking art.

Just getting my brain going.  I saw Ant-Man and the Wasp the other day, and I enjoyed it.

I've marveled (heh heh heh) at the rate with which Marvel puts out enjoyable movies.  Twenty flicks in to this cinematic universe, and I can say I truly enjoy 19...maybe 18... of them.

I re-watched Age of Ultron recently.  And my opinion of it keeps going down.  That whole Black Window speech about being made a monster really gets in my craw.  And I still feel like the whole destruction of Ultron's engine in Slovenia was a missed opportunity for Hulk...have Thor's hammer hurl him all the way to Sakaar rather than having the Quinjet take him there.  (How did the Quinjet get to Sakaar?)

I've ranked Iron Man 3 lower than I have in the past.  Not because it's not good...it really, really is, much to the chagrin of many Marvel Zombies.  But it just seems so out of synch with the rest of the Universe.  And, in truth, it kinda bugs me that the end result of Iron Man 3 is "I'm blowing up all the Iron Man suits, and getting the shrapnel removed" and then Avengers 2 shows up and Tony's EVEN MORE Iron Man.  It does fit with his personality, though, and I dig how his staying Iron Man stays in the background of his and Pepper's relationship, which falls apart, which was the impetus for Civil War....

I enjoy these flicks.  Very much.  More than a 41-year-old man probably should.  Anyway, just getting my brain moving this morning.....

1.  Captain America: the Winter Soldier
2.  Black Panther
3.  Guardians of the Galaxy
4.  Iron Man
5.  The Avengers
6.  Thor: Ragnarok
7.  Captain America: the First Avenger
8.  Spider-Man: Homecoming
9.   Guardians of the Galaxy, volume 2
10.  Avengers: Infinity War
11.   Iron Man 3
12.  Captain America: Civil War
13.  Thor
14.  Ant-Man and the Wasp
15.  Incredible Hulk
16.  Ant-Man
17.  Doctor Strange
18.  Iron Man 2
19.  Avengers: Age of Ultron
20.  Thor: The Dark World

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home