Thursday, August 16, 2018

Notes

I started vacation tonight.

The past couple or three months haven't been a lot of fun.  Boss got moved.  I thought I'd be a shoo-in to take his place.  I was not.  I am working for the person who got the job, now.   I've got no heartburn with her.  I did not enjoy the process, however.

Mostly I'm tired.

And now I'm wondering just what the fuck I'm doing.  At the place.  With my life. 

I'm lucky.  I know that.  I have my health.  I'm in love with a beautiful woman who's helped keep my head on straight for the past several weeks.

But it sucks putting anywhere from 50 to 80 hours in a week in...getting the highest marks on appraisals....doing anything asked.....travelling all over creation....and not getting the nod in the end.  I don't feel appreciated.  And I don't feel paid like I should be.

The new boss has been doing the same.  That's something to remember.  She's been in the same boat.

Like I said, I'm on vacation.  I'm gonna take it easy.  Get a couple projects done.  Try to regain some perspective after the botardism went over and above all expectations.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home