Friday, October 05, 2018

Kingpin

I'm an MCU Zombie.  They just push the right buttons for me.

I've been less enthusiastic about the TV offerings.  Agents of SHIELD is alright, but I'm about 2 seasons behind right now.  The first seasons of Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were all truly fun, with each providing better villains than the big screen versions had, to that point.

Then Daredevil season 2 happened.  It wasn't bad, but I didn't like the focus on Punisher (with one caveat....the Punisher/Kingpin fight in season 2 was probably that season's highpoint).  Then Iron Fist came, and was boring.  And the Defenders didn't do much for me, perhaps because of Iron Fist.  And season 2 of Jessica Jones, also, wasn't bad, but it kinda bogged down in a mythology of its own creation.

But I do have a point, and it pretty much makes the previous paragraph unnecessary.  Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin has definitely been one of the highpoints of the TV ventures.  Of the whole MCU venture.




This tweet makes me happy.

I went to see Spider-Man Homecoming one afternoon when I was off work, back during its theatrical run.  I went by myself, and sat in a crowded theater with those nice reclining seats.

At the movie's end, when Michael Keaton's Vulture is incarcerated, we hear an off screen voice yell at him.  

The guy sitting next to me marked out completely.  I avoid spoilers and reading much about movies I want to see, anymore.  This is difficult, but I'm able to save the element of surprise for myself.  I had here.  And I started to get excited, too.

Only, it wasn't what we both wanted.  It wasn't the Kingpin in jail.

I want A Big Screen Kingpin.  And I hope it happens.  That tweet makes me hopeful.

He's just so perfect in that roll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home