Monday, November 24, 2003

Clinton's Favorite Books

Because everybody's been waiting for it, here now is a link to Bill Clinton's favorite books.

I don't have a lot to say about the list, though the inclusion of Hillary's book Living History is pretty funny. The list is 21 books long.

I picture this: Bill makes his list of his 20 favorite books. Hillary walks into the room, takes his writing pad from him, looks it over and asks "Why the Hell isn't my book on your list, you assbag?"

And Bill (whom I can't hear in my head now without hearing Darrell Hammond's impression rather than the real thing) takes the list back, smiles and says "I wasn't done, honey." And the list becomes the Top 21.

The only book on Bill's list that I've even read is Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man, which is quite the excellent book. I bought the Maya Angelou book at the Goodwill, but haven't gotten around to reading it, yet. All the others, I've only heard of (except for a couple, which are completely new to me), but am interested in looking into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home