Tuesday, May 04, 2004

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday

TV Tuesday, because I don't want to write that other thing I'm supposed to be writing right now.

1. Who is/was your favorite TV mom?

I kind of surprised myself with my answer, but I kind of think Roseanne's my favorite, from an entertainment standpoint. I'll catch a re-run every now and then, and that show just had really solid writing and performing. I think her show, except for that last season, where Dan had a heart attack, they won the lottery, etc., was probably the most true-to-life.

Also, Eric's Mom on That 70's Show cracks me up.

2. Was she a realistic mother, or more of a TV fantasy type?

Well, damned if I didn't answer this in the first question. Yeah. For the most part, the Connor family was probably the most believable portrayal of a mother and family on TV.

I'm also impressed with Ruth Fisher on Six Feet Under.

3. Which TV mom did you find the most unrealistic? Or if you’d rather: creepy – sappy – mean – you choose the adjective, and you name the mom.

I don't know about unrealistic.

But Peggy Hill annoys me. Just be being so self-assured in her being right all the time. But then, that's what her character is.

~Bonus~ No disrespect to your dear old mum, but which TV mom did you think it might be neat to have as your own?

Samantha, from BeWitched. Magic, yo.

Thanks for playing! Happy Mother’s Day, and always remember the loving words of TV mom Roseanne Conner: “If those kids are alive by the time he comes home at the end of the day, then hey, I’ve done my job!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home