Sunday, July 11, 2004

Sunday

Sunday

Not a lot going on over in my neck of the woods. I've just about gotten a routine down, so I'm thinking I'll be able to get back to writing regularly, both for my own projects and for the blog. I hope that I can get the BSTommy Craptacular back in full swing before you know it.

The last bit on the Cubs for a while. You hate to think that they've knocked themselves out of Central Divison title contention this week, but after tonight, they'll be seven games out if they win, and nine if they lose. I've seen a couple of nice comebacks from the All-Star break in my time (The Braves overtaking the Giants in 92 or so come to mind). But you don't want to finish up the All-Star game and see your team 9 out of first.

The Cubs beat themselves. They play stupid baseball. They won't manufacture runs. If you rely on Sammy and Moises and Mr. Lee to be hot all the time, then you deserve to lose. The problem, once again, is the lack of table setters. Picking up Kenny Lofton was a big help last year. We need something like that this year.

Not a whole lot else on my mind. Haven't seen any movies, lately. Haven't watched much TV lately. Mostly, I work and get pissed off about a baseball team that plays 800 miles away. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home