Sunday, October 24, 2004

World Series, Game 2, fifth inning

World Series, Game 2, Fifth Inning

I'm watching, but I'm also talking to my friend Julie on the telephone.

Joe Buck doesn't know his geography. He just said the bloodstain on Curt Schilling's sock looks just like Oklahoma.

I know Oklahoma. I've worked in Oklahoma. That sir, is no Oklahoma.

Also, in setting myself opposite Tim McCarver....Tim hates pitch counts.

I now LOVE pitch counts. I want to marry pitch counts, and have little hybrid human/pitch count babies. And then together, with my little hybrid children, I'll burn Tim "I caught for Bob Gibson" McCarver's house to the ground.

Celebrity watch:

They decide to talk to Tom Hanks and Jimmy Fallon while Tony LaRussa's out on the mound.

Tom Hanks, I don't mind. It's just Tony LaRussa making a pitching change.

But I'd rather watch 30 minutes of Don Baylor picking his nose than watch anything Jimmy Fallon's remotely involved with.

Also, that commercial for the Nanny 911 show Fox is promoting?

You know how to get that one kid who screams to shut up?

A Jimmy Snuka style headbutt would shut that kid up.

The Incredible Hulk steps to the plate. Papi is the strongest one there is. Papi will smash Cal Eldred. DAVID SMASH!!!!! "There's a drive," as they say..... Puny Umpires confer to to call David's Smash a "foul ball."

It's 10:03. I don't wanna go to work tomorrow. They should call a national week of holiday for the World Series. Problem is, my boss is a baseball fan. He's watching this same as me. He'll be there. I won't have any excuse. Still, it's nice to have that smidgen of understanding when I say to my boss "I didn't sleep much I was watching baseball...."

End of 5:

St. Louis 1
Boston 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home