Sunday, October 24, 2004

World Series, Game 1, Ninth Inning

World Series, Game 1, Ninth Inning

Alrighty. Three Outs to go. Red Sox up 11-9.

Keith Foulke pitching for the Red Sox. Takes Reggie Sanders down on three straight. Made him look a little foolish on the third strike.

Marlon Anderson really burned me on a fantasy team one year. I couldn't dig myself out of the second base hole he put me in. He needs to go down foolishly, too.

Joe Buck is scaring me. I was just thinking "How can a team with four errors win?", when Joe chimed in with a similar sentiment. He needs to stop stealing my thoughts.

Crap in a hat. Marlon Anderson with a one-out double.

One of those Molina boys is at the plate.

Fucking Ben Affleck, along with Jennifer Garner, makes a top of the ninth appearance. Thanks Fox. Show the game. Don't ruin it with Ben Affleck's bulbous head. If you gotta show a celebrity, just show the Jennifer Garner half of the couple.

Two outs. Molina pops out.

One out to go.

Roger "I'm about to cry" Cedeno steps into the box.

Swing and a miss.

Wow.

Red Sox Win!

Red Sox 11
Cardinals 9

Winning Pitcher: Keith Foulke.
Losing Pitcher: Julian Tavarez.

Yep. Tavarez is the loser. But we knew that already.

Boston wins Game 1. A sign in the Fenway crowd reads: The Dream is Possible.

I hope so.

Postgame

Tavarez looks dejected in the dugout.

Man, if he weren't in a Cardinals uniform, I'd almost feel sorry for him.

The Red Sox snuck by on this one. How the hell you can allow 4 errors against the Cardinals and still win, I don't have a clue. They gave the Cards about 5 or 6 extra outs over the course of the night.

Wow.

Red Sox win. What a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home