Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Tuesday: A Random Thought Post

Tuesday: A Random Thought Post

The Rocky Top Brigade, a collection of Tennessee bloggers, has reorganized after South Knox Bubba gave up the ghost. Don't necessarily say that I'm a member in good standing, but there are a number of fine bloggers from Tennessee I think do good things. Too much political bickering. I hope the reorganization might help alleviate some of that.

A few fine TN and/or RTB bloggers I read on a daily basis:

Eric, from Straight White Guy
Barry, from Inn of the Last Home
Gunny, who's not a RTB member, but perhaps he should be.
Danielle, of Missives Anonymous, who isn't blogging out of Tennessee anymore, but who deserves a mention.
Say Uncle, of, well, Say Uncle.

Bill, Steven and Charlie also all blog from Tennessee, but haven't updated in several years.

----

This is my favorite joke lately:

What did the hat rack say to the hat?

You go on a head. I'll stay here....


----

The re-run of E.R. is on TNT this morning, where Dr. Romano gets squished by the helicopter. I think the makers of the show missed the boat the whole while after Romano got his arm chopped off. Why not have Romano suffering from a whole series of dreams/visions where he's fighting the helicopter. Have a voice for the helicopter (I'm thinking Kris Kristofferson, or, going the other way, Gilbert Gottfried) that only Romano can hear, taunting him. Saying things like "I only got part of you, Romano!"

And have a sweeps-time confrontation between Romano and the helicopter, where Romano overcomes his fears and realizes that the voices have just been his own psyche taunting him.

And then, have the helicopter kill him by falling. The last thing we hear is Gilbert Gottfried's maniacal laugh.....

It wouldn't be any more over-the-top than anything else they've done here the past couple of seasons.

----

This season, the Cubs win only after I throw up my hands in frustration with Dusty Baker. I've longed believed that the Cubs won't win unless I've given up the goat completely.

Take Sunday night's game against the Cardinals as a microcosm of that. Prior gives up three dongs. I try to leave after two, and I'm not able to get out the door before he gives up a third.

I wander home, am happy to see Aramis Ramirez putting us back in the lead.

But I am witness to the idiocy of the bottom of the ninth.

I turn the TV off, and Neifi Perez hits his grand slam while I'm reading the Harry Potter book.

I'm starting to take it a little personally....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home