Sunday, December 18, 2005

All Sickly and Shit

All Sickly and Shit

I've managed to catch some manner of creeping crud over the last couple of days. Stuffy nose. Phlegmy chest. Low grade fever.

Friday, it was a cough. No phlegm.

Saturday, it was a cough with much phlegm, as well as all those other symptoms.

Feel mostly better this morning. Still tired and run down, but better, on the whole.

You know what I hate about being sick? Besides the fact that I have to stop and blow my nose every 7 minutes?

I have loads of messed up, ultra-realistic dreams. See, the problem is that I remember a lot of my dreams...it's something I could do without whilst I'm sick.

For me, there are some dreams that I realize are dreams, even in the dream--I have these more often than not. There are others that I'm able to distinguish from our reality pretty much as soon as I wake up--usually I'll have these when I'm really, really tired.

And then there are the dreams I have when I'm sick or stressed. It's like whatever bug I've picked up decides to infect my lungs, my sinuses and my subconscious mind. These dreams are frightening, generally. And more often than not, I'll have to spend a second or two, or even a minute or two, after waking up sorting out what's a dream and what isn't.

Had a dream last night about people coming down with cancer, but in the dream, cancer meant breaking out in this oozing sores that would swell and burst, erupting in a river of bugs.

Had another night before last about walking through my New Jersey grandparents' house, after it's been bombed out in some war that my mind called the East-West War. In the house, I find my grandparents' corpses, which is troublesome because in the dream, I am aware of the fact that they were both dead before the war even started, and somebody had to dig them out of their graves to put them in the house.

Yeah, they don't make sense, but my mind doesn't quite catch up until after I've woken up.

Anyway.

Didn't miss any work. We'll know in the next couple of days whether I've succeeded in making half the people I work with sick....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home