Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Presidential Hopeful's Favorite Movies

Presidential Hopeful's Favorite Movies

Ran across this little bit while reading about Stephen Colbert's Presidential Campaign and its possible illegal sponsorship by Doritos.

It's info on the candidates. I gleamed from it their favorite movies. Because that's what appeals to me.

Joseph Biden: Chariots of Fire
Sam Brownback: Star Wars
Hillary Clinton: Casablanca
Chris Dodd: Pooh's Heffalump Movie
John Edwards: Shawshank Redemption
Mike Gravel: The Priest
Rudy Guiliani: The Godfather
Mike Huckabee: Casablanca
Duncan Hunter: The Quiet Man
Dennis Kucinich: Gone with the Wind/Dr. Zhivago
John McCain: Viva Zapata!
Barack Obama: none
Ron Paul: Dr. Zhivago
Bill Richardson: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Mitt Romney: O Brother Where Art Thou?
Tom Tancredo: Casablanca

A few notes:

First: Fred Thompson's info is not up. I'm guessing he hasn't, or hasn't yet, participated in the survey. Since the media seems to insist on referring to him as Fred Dalton Thompson, I'm going to say that his favorite movie is Road House. Why else would you play up the "Dalton" in your name?

Second: I'm a little wary of Obama, for not having listed a favorite movie.

Third: Truth be told, a couple answers made me open the door for conversation (if not consideration). I'd never vote for either John Edwards or Mitt Romney, but Shawshank Redemption and O Brother Where Art Thou? are both personal favorites. I might be more willing to listen, since they got their foot in the door.

Fourth: I'd never have voted for Chris Dodd, either. But his answer of "Pooh's Heffalump Movie" bugs me. I've tried to laugh it off. I applaud the devotion to the kids, but please pick a grown up movie.

Fifth: Conversely, there were candidates who listed "American Idol" as a favorite reality TV show. Guess how much that closed the door, Hillary?

Sixth: I was expecting a little more off the wall from Dennis Kucinich. Everything else from him comes out of left field. Why not list your favorite movie as "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, or Godzilla 1985, or Police Academy V: Assignment Miami Beach...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home