Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Buy me this

Buy me this

It being my birthday yet for another 100 minutes or so, I think you should buy me this.

Cool game.

Also? This game was the focal point of an incident that showed me at my most George Costanza.

On a day off several years back, I went to the arcade at Stones River Mall, and sat my fat butt in the Star Wars Trilogy machine, and resolved to beat the game for the first time. I was close...the second Death Star TIE Fighter battle, if I recall. I'd gained an audience. A kid, maybe 7 or 8 years old, had come along side the game to watch the action.

As I'm fighting the TIE Fighters, I see in my peripheral vision, the kid look down at something at his feet. I then see a movement akin to somebody trying to crush out a cigarette. And with that twist of the foot, the game goes blank.

"Oops," the kid says.

He'd knocked the plug out of the floor socket.

DAMN.

I look at the kid, and could only manage "you unplugged my game."

There wasn't a scene, but I did spend the rest of the day seething about what the kid did.

Luckily for all involved, I did finally beat the game later that week. I eventually got to the point where I could beat it on one quarter (or maybe two--I kinda think it was a 50 cent play machine...)

Anyway. Buy it for me. IT's been three or four years since I've played it. I tend to think such a thing would go well with the ensemble of junk I've assembled around myself....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home