Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Morning....

Monday Morning...

Sitting down this morning, hoping to put a couple pictures from the weekend into the computer...I cannot seem to locate my camera. There are calls and text messages out...the last time I took a picture with it was at an Appalachian Trail rest area along Georgia 76. I've got a feeling it's in my sister's car.

She, my brother-in-law and I wandered down to Clayton, Georgia for my cousin Michelle's wedding. They'd put us all up at Chota Falls, a little getaway created for such things, I think, in the mountains just outside of Clayton.

As a personal aside, this was an opportunity to disconnect for a little while. A minor touch of obsessive compulsion finds on the computer or on the mobile phone a little too much. Be it facebook or twitter or this blogamathing. A little too much time on the computer.

It was a good weekend. Got to see family I don't normally get to see. My Aunt Pat and Uncle Joe, along with my cousins Michelle and Jeffrey, were the family I got to see maybe once a year, sometimes twice, growing up. They're from Delaware, and they were the family we'd go see on our way up to Cape May to see my grandparents.

Time passes. I last saw Michelle at my sister's wedding, a couple or three summers ago. I've honestly been racking my brains trying to figure out the last time I saw Jeffrey. My sister saw him at my grandfather's funeral a few years ago, which I could not attend. Beyond that, I'm thinking it may have been eleven or twelve years ago, when I went up with my folks during my spring break to help clean up my grandfather's house...he'd been placed into a home. I don't have a real clear memory of having seen Jeffrey then, though. I figure he'd have been 12 or 13 then.

Dude's 24 or 25 now, and a freaking giant. I'm walking around 6'3" or 6'4"...he had two or three inches on me...

It was a rainy weekend. The outdoor wedding, next to the waterfall, wasn't to be. Ben and Michelle were married in the chapel on the grounds. I don't know that I'll ever get used to it...there's a lot of ceremony and a lot of buildup.

The reception was good, though I'll admit spending part of it at the TeeVee at the bar, watching my bracket get destroyed by Villanova. I got to do so with a couple of Villanova Alums...it's always good to see a game with somebody who has more of a dog in the hunt than $5 in an office pool.

Anyway. Just rambling this morning. Got a text confirmation that my camera is, indeed, in my sister's car. We'll try this again when, with proof that I clean up pretty good for a botard...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home