Friday, March 11, 2016

10 Cloverfield Lane

I took Dad to see 10 Cloverfield Lane today.  Not a bad flick, though not real original.  It does what it does well, and has a pretty decent ending.  I just had to wonder if they threw the Cloverfield thing in there to get a few extra ticket sales.  Seems extraneous.

I mean, I'd have seen it eventually just because I like John Goodman.  I might not have rushed to the theater.

Not a bad flick.  I gave it a thumbs up, though not a strong one.  Liked, not loved.

One thing I noticed:  Howard's (Howard is John Goodman's character) survival bunker is stocked with at least 1 case of JJ's Fried Pies, as part of its provisions.  We sell those, from time to time, and when we get them, they usually have about a month's worth of shelf time.  Sometimes six weeks, if we get them really fresh.  They're not going to last long after the apocalypse.

But by all means, enjoy them in that first month or two.

I identified very much with Howard in that moment.  They are tasty.  They are cheaper than Krispy Kreme's fried pies, and in my opinion, they taste better.

I did not identify with Howard in his needing to kidnap people and hide them in his bunker.

Not much, anyway.

Well, some.

I don't have a bunker, though.  Stocked with fried pies.

Not yet.

But tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home