Thursday, October 25, 2018

He's a regular Marvel Zombie?

News today that Archie and Marvel are ending their relationship publishing Marvel reprints in their digest form.

I was digging these little digests.  I liked that I could actually buy them at my store.  I'd usually read them on a lunch break.  I was only aggravated that there were several stories within, and not any kind of story arc.

Maybe the market's not there, but it bugs me that both DC and Marvel don't try to leverage the huge libraries at their disposal in the mass market. 

Especially when there are a dozen Archie digests on my registers at work that I don't know that I've ever seen anybody pick up to even thumb through, let alone buy.  My small market isn't maybe representative.  But, the news rep would bring in 4-6 copies of the Marvel digest, and they'd all sell out.

Maybe we'll see it.  Maybe Marvel could do a digest form of Dark Phoenix.  Kree-Skrull War.  Secret Wars.  Infinity Gauntlet? 

Maybe the money's in the comic shops. 

Who knows.  I kinda dug these, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home