Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures

I'm a follower. I'm also tireder than shit. What is this work bullshit that I have to do EVERY GODDAMN DAY?

Guilty Pleasures, huh? I'll preface all this by saying I don't have any shame. I should, but I don't.

CD I have in my car that I roll up the windows to listen to:

Well, people from the present have CD's in their car. I'm the doofus who's driving a truck with a tape player.

But anyway, once upon a time, I found a tape of the Ghostbusters Soundtrack, and I had one of those temporary obsessions with the theme song from Ghostbusters. I played it over, and over and as loudly as possibly. I probably should have been embarrassed, but wasn't really.

Book I read flat so no one could see the title:

Okay, I do have some shame.

I took a Pop Culture class once upon a time, and we had to read a romance novel as part of it (Janet Dailey's Rivals). I was reading in the library one day, listening to my headset. I looked up from my book (in frustration, probably...I probably threw that book across the room fifty times), and without meaning to, caught the eye of the girl working the info desk. She stared at what I was reading....I mean, it was pretty obvious from the cover what kind of book I was reading....

I had a George Costanza moment, and I had to explain that it was for a class.

She didn't believe me.

Crappiest song ever sung at karaoke:

I've never done karaoke.

Bad movie I watch repeatedly:

Oh hell. I loves me some bad movies.

But we'll stick with a genre...my love of disaster movies is well documented. If it involves something getting shaken to death in an earthquake, getting frozen to death or even stomped to smithereens by a giant monster, I'm there, dude.

Armageddon's one that I watch more than is healthy. And I laugh until I'm hoarse every time Steve Buscemi starts shooting with the gun on the rover.

Independence Day is another. You know, Mr. Emmerich is just good for this question, because Day After Tomorrow is another bad movie that I've now seen four times.

Outside the Disaster Movie arena...National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon I, Mallrats, Star Trek V (which is closest in spirit, to my mind, if not execution, of the original series), Hell Comes to Frogtown (a Roddy Piper Classic).

But the best, the absolute best of the best bad movies, is the best bad karate movie ever made...Best of the Best. Starring Eric Roberts and Chris Penn. With James Earl Jones. And they're fighting Korea. It's like they had one person write an outline, and another write the dialogue, but never had the two look at anything the other person had done.

Article of clothing I love though I know it's wrong:

No shame. No fashion sense. I wear blue jeans and t-shirts. Nothing too embarrassing.

What I order at the bar when no one is listening:

How stupid is that, to order something when nobody is listening. If NOBODY is listening, then nobody's going to be able to get your drink.

I'll drink what I want to. And unless you want to tell everybody you got your ass whipped by the guy who's been downing appletini after appletini for the past hour, keep laughing, nancy boy....

Fast food item I adore:

I don't know that I adore it, but I really, really dig The Fritos Chili Cheese Wrap from Sonic. It's not on the regular menu, at least not at the Sonics around my parts. It shows up on special, sometimes. But they'll make it for you, if you ask nicely enough.

A TV show that is a good example of the downfall of civilization that I love anyway:

Probably Pro Wrestling. I've watched it for twenty years.

But I'll say this: If civilization can't survive a little pageantry and fake fighting, civilization doesn't really deserve to survive, anyway.

I saw this meme at Bill McCabe's fine, fine blog.

Other people who've played: Sheila, Emily, and the Llama Butchers....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home