It's a stormy night down in this part of East TN. Lightning that blinds. Thunder that deafens. Quarter-sized hail that makes your friendly neighborhood Tommy run screaming like a little girl for safety....
Kinda wired. After that insomnia shit, ended up sleeping around 12 hours today....
To see if I can get myself less awake...
A meme, seen at Sheila's...
1.ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
I have two scars on my left knee. One came when I was seven, and nearly crashed my bike into the basketball goal. No head trauma, but a scar that's lasted 24 years yet.
The second came from my trying to fault my hefty ass over a barbed-wire fence. I nearly made it...nearly...
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
The movie posters for Clerks 2, Walk the Line, the Day the Earth Stood Still and UHF.
3. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN? 4:30 in the afternoon. T'were a Sunday.
4. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
I'd like the power to stop going on and off. Since 9:45, it's gone off three times.
5. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
That feeling you got when you were in grade school, and you woke up and it was Saturday. There's something like that when I wake up and I'm on vacation...but somehow, it's not the same...
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION?
It is a letter. Sent to me in college by one of my best friends, through campus mail. It was one of the kindest things anybody ever said to me, what she said in there. I knew that at the time. There was more in there, that I did not catch at the time. Or did not allow myself to believe. I keep in as a reminder that there is often much more being said between the lines. I keep it as a reminder not to judge too quickly, and most of all, to think before I speak.
7. HOW TALL ARE YOU? 6'4"
8. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DAY? Um...what? Is Al Roker heading my way? If he is, you better tell me.
9. WHAT’S YOUR WORST FEAR? I've got a weird betrayal concern...
10. WHAT KIND OF HAIR COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX? I like brunettes...
11. WHAT ABOUT EYE COLOR? I like dark eyes.
12. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK? Coffee.
13. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? Italian Sausage.
14. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I'd like a calzone with sweet Italian Sausage, olives, onions and enough cheese to constipate the Kentucky Derby.
15. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME? Brown. Yep.
16. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH? No, but not by choice.
17. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED?
I'd say life was pretty meaningful. Up to this point.
18. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? Sure.
19. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? Being a gentleman of large and lofty proportions, I kinda dig the St. John's Bay stuff. They do big and tall stuff that doesn't leave you looking like a total fucktard. I can handle that on my own.
20. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU WANT? A-Team Van.
21. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Um...this question confuses me.
22. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA? Nope.
23. YOUR WEAKNESSES? I'm gonna say "Cleavage."
24. MET ANYONE FAMOUS? I've had a few brushes with greatness.
a.) Alex Trebek chided me, while I was trying out for Jeopardy's Teen Tournament, for asking "Do you make fun of the really dorky contestants?" (His answer "No, I would never...")
b.) I shared an elevator with two-sport semistar Brian Jordan.
c.) My favorite: Got to have a five or ten minute conversation about writing with Harlan Ellison. He coulda told me to fuck off, and I half expected him to. But he didn't, and it's one of my favorite life moments...
25. FIRST JOB? Spy for the Yakuza.
Or Bagger at a grocery. Don't remember which came first.
26. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? Today, even.
27. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOUL MATE? Nope.
28. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT? Laughing at what Sheila listed as her weakness
29. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY? No.
30. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? I've had roughly 3.1 million people say I'm a super nice guy. Which is cool, except for that whole Leo Durocher thing that sticks out in my mind whenever I feel like a good-natured doormat....
31. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? Attack Monkey.
32. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? What, permanently? Or will they leave after mowing my yard and cleaning the house?
33. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My first name is my father's, and my middle name is his father's....
34. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST TURN OFF WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX?
I typed the words "little tits" and laughed at my singular wit. But the honest answer is an inability to laugh combined with a tendency to look down on somebody who does laugh easily....
35. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU MISS ABOUT GRADE SCHOOL? That Saturdays off thing was pretty sweet, but I'm going to steal Sheila's answer, and say recess.
36. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
It's called Sebulex. It's for flaky skinned motherfuckers.
37. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? As opposed to what?
38. ANY BAD HABITS? I eat like shit. I can't seem to pick up my laundry. I procrastinate. But my most horrible personality trait is my motherfucking inability to put the remote freaking control down where it's supposed to go.
Why is it on the tank behind the toilet?
39. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON?
Not really. There are moments. Always are, I guess. But not for the most part.
40. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I'm an alright guy...except that part where I gotta be right all the time...
41. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS? Yeah, actually.
42. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? I've found that the very worst way is to hold everything in until you explode at the worst possible moment, alienating friends, co-workers and potential job opportunities. However, I have not yet come up with another alternative.
Actually, if something's eating at me, I'll walk it off.
43. WHAT’S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE? I would like to make Voltron a reality.
44. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? Today, I guess I'll say a baseball and a bat.
45. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE? I'd say 50 or so. My cell's my only phone.
46. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID?
The only Barney that truly matters is Barney Fife.
47. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE? Macaroni and Cheese. Beeyotch.
48. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES? Is this something I need to check regularly?
49. DO YOU HAVE A COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM?
50. PLANS FOR TONIGHT? Sleep soon.
51. WHAT’S THE FASTEST YOU’VE EVER GONE IN A CAR? 135. My cousin Andy was driving.
52. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? Snakes on a Plane is on HBO. We haven't quite gotten to Samuel L. Jackson yelling, just yet.
53. LAST THING YOU DRANK? My last Rogue Dead Guy....
54. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT?
Neither. I'm a fairly conservative fellow, I reckon, but am a bigger advocate of everybody staying off of everybody else's back, whether it be social or fiscal. Neither party's been real good at that, in my lifetime, anyways.......
55. DO YOU HAVE A LOW SELF ESTEEM OR A HIGH SELF ESTEEM?
I'm good most days. My low moments tend to be embarassing ones. A better answer might be what I put down for #6.
56. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
I just started The Terror by Dan Simmons, and I'm blowing through the Shawn Michaels autobiography (call it a guilty pleasure...)