Thursday, April 02, 2009

Owen & Bret...

Owen & Bret...

Wrestlemania's this weekend. For years, I would have said Ricky Steamboat & Randy Savage at Wrestlemania III was my favorite match of all time, but it's fallen second to this one....Bret and Owen Hart at Wrestlemania X:



Part 2:



Part 3:



I dig the way the match is put together. I love the out-of-nowhere ending, and I love the way Owen gets put over clean, and I love the stage it sets for later in the evening, when Bret wins the World Title....and for later than that, since Owen beats Bret cleanly, and has gone from mid-card to obvious contender for the World Title.

Owen left us too soon, and it seems like Bret's slowly letting go of his grudges. I doubt we'll see he, Vince and Shawn Michaels ever hugging, or even shaking hands. But at least he doesn't seem to be firing off weekly missives on how things should be, so that's a start....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home